Friday 10 August 2012

North Wales 1st August - 3rd August 2012

The following day 1st August I woke early, in fact I don't think I slept at all. My constant tossing and turning during the night must have woken Vicks as well. Eventually I got up, put the kettle on and made the brews.

After a hot brew, we dressed and decided to go into Llanberris for breakfast at the famous Pete's Eats. I was starving and ordered the biggest breakfast known to humankind. When it arrived, shamefully I wasted it. I just couldn't eat it and instead pushed it around the plate, nibbling at the odd rasher of bacon or sausage. In the end I gave up and Vicks asked the waitress to clear the table.

Just as we were leaving the other climbers arrived, we chatted for a while. One of them suggested we donated something to the boys and girls of Ogwen Valley MRT. The two climbers agreed to buy a couple of cases of beer, me and Vicks agreed to get them tins of soup and hot dogs. We went our separate ways knowing we would meet them again that day at the MRT Base.

We met later that day at the MRT base, luckily the Police needed no further information. MRT treated us to a tour of the base, showed us some of their funky toys and let us have a play around. The MRT team leader was very happy with the donations of beer, soup and hot dogs.

Even later that day we met the two climbers in the pub for a pint and a bite to eat. My appetite had certainly returned. We ate, chatted and to our surprise were joined by most of the members of MRT that helped to resolve yesterdays incident. It soon turned into a very drunken night, everyone relaxed and we started to exchange stories.  I'd have to say a night I'll remember for a long time, I don't think I've laughed that much in years.

The following day, 2nd August, me and Vicks had decided that we were going to do some hillwalking, but the continued bad weather put us off. Instead we went to Liverpool and spent the day at Awesome Walls before going to Warrington and catching up with family.

We arrived back in Wales late, 9:30pm and later that evening were joined by friends Richard and Pascaline. It didn't take long to help pitch their tent. Settling down with a few beers we got chatting and before we knew it, it was early morning and time for bed.

Friday 3rd August the miserable weather continued, Richard and Pascaline headed off site seeing. Me and Vicks headed to the coast with the intention of climbing at Tremadog. I still hadn't slept and upon arrival passed out. According to Vicks I slept most of the day. In the end we found a nice spot by the coast and dried all our soaking kit before heading back to the campsite.

No comments:

Post a Comment